Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vintage w/ A Twist!

I'm a big fan of loafers. Loafers, in my opinion, are staple shoes. You could probably wear them in almost any occasion. You could wear them to parties, to school, to work or even during lazy Sundays. Basically, I'd consider them as everyday shoes.

Though most of the time associated with dads or grandfathers, this fascination I have with loafers started pretty early. I even remember buying my very first pair in 2nd year high school. My classmates would even call me "daddy" every time they'd see me wearing my loafers. And now, I'd see these people wearing the so-called "daddy" shoes. Tsk tsk.

Anyway, what I'd like to show you guys in this entry is my Mickey Mouse tassel loafers. Lately, I've been in to tassel loafers. Think of your grandfather's shoes. I saw this pair of loafers back in Bangkok, Thailand last December and right when I saw it, I knew I had to buy it! I like how it looks very vintage. The white and black colorway gives you the whole vintage feel. Also, they're tassel loafers so that's a plus for me. More than that, what caught my eye is Mickey Mouse! Trippy, isn't it? Haha. I mean, how often do you see Mickey Mouse in shoes?

I bought it in Greyhound. This was from their Hound & Friends collection. For those who don't know, Greyhound is an original Thai brand. It used to be available here in the Philippines. If I remember correctly, it was sold in Rustan's and in Celio store in Greenbelt 3. Yes, it was sold in Celio. A few years back, if you'd go to the 2nd floor, you'd see Greyhound apparel.

So I guess now you know why this entry's entitled "Vintage w/ A Twist"! Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Greyhound is still sold here? I thought they pulled it out like 3 years ago..Handsome pair you got there Paolo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, it's not sold here anymore. I bought this pair in Bangkok last December. Thanks, man! Glad you appreciate my shoes.

    ReplyDelete